Friday, September 28, 2007

Thing #23 - Final Thoughts

Yippee, Jennifer! I'm finally finished! I didn't think I had the concentration at this time to complete this task, but I do hate to quit in the middle of anything! Overall, I would say that these exercises taught me a whole lot more about technological services and their implications for libraries than I could possibly have imagined a few months ago.
Especially interesting to me were the wikis. I have often heard of sites like that on the news, especially where breaking news was concerned. Now, I feel that I have been drawn, perhaps kicking and screaming all the way, a little further into the 21st century.
I also was glad to learn that so many options for sharing information about books is available to our patrons. If they had access to much of this information and how to use they might feel less alienated.
Thanks, Jennifer, for your patience. All things considered, I am glad for the exposure to the new technology!

No comments: